21 October 2015

Back to the Future vs Reality

Today is the FUTURE! Well, according to the film Back to the Future 2. So be excited, by the end of today we should be seeing hover boards, flying cars and self-tying shoelaces everywhere. As a bit of fun I decided to draw a fashion design based around the fashions of this year that the movie predicted and the actual fashions of the year. I took about 2 hours on this design so I thought I would share it with you! 
    To see the labels then click on the picture and it will zoom in. I compared the 2 outfits by describing each element. I used one of the TopModel template books to start me off but I drew everything from clothes to hair. I don't often label designs but for this particular project, I thought it benefited the drawings.
The future may not be as the film intended, but I hope you have a great day anyway! Why don't you watch the Back to the Future films (there is 3) as a celebration? I know this was just a short post but I just wanted to make you aware of the special day and share my design with you! Tell me in the comments what your predictions for the future are-I'll enjoy seeing what you think! :D

4 comments:

  1. I love this post! I was watching Back To The Future yesterday- it was so good! I love your drawing too, it's so good!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad that you enjoyed it! Awesome! Thank you so much! It was very fun to draw! :)

      Delete
  2. Woah, this drawing is amazing, Megan! You're really a natural at drawing outfits and hairstyles!! :D You've depicted each really well too!
    I heard about Back to the Future and that the day it was set was coming in October. Looks like they got some things right, some not so right! Man, self-tying shoe laces, flying cars and hover boards sound ace. Well, they are working on flying cars, but they aren't out for the public yet! XD I'd love to watch this movie!
    The pineapple design trend is also really cute! :D

    I wrote a short story in English once about a girl who appeared in the future and didn't know where she was until she found there were hover boards and code locks on front doors and so on. I'm going to give a guess that there will be those in the future. And perhaps levitating mobiles. XD What are your guesses?

    Nice post btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D :D :D Thank you! Now that I know the basic methods of drawing braids/plaits, I can't stop practicing them and including them in my designs! They add an extra quality to outfits! IKR? I wish they were more common in our 'future'! Yes I did hear about flying-car developments but I'm sure that they won't be flying around anytime soon! I'm sure they would make more pollution, there would have to be so many new laws and they would be too expensive. If only we could fly around in them :(. My Dad is a big fan of all of the movies so that's why I've seen them but they are actually pretty awesome (especially the second one)! I'm loving the pineapple/fruit trend at the moment! I think the trend is slightly fading away now but I still love those pineapples!

      That sounds so cool! Have you published it anywhere (like on scratch or your blog)? I'd love there to be hover boards in the future. There are one or two but there has to be massive magnets in the ground (which isn't exactly practical). I'm sure they will be developed but it will probably take a long time before we see any proper hoverboards! There are some code locks on the doors at my school! There may be some on front doors but they may be a bit too easy to break into or to forget! Leviating mobiles sound perfect for people who multitask ehilst on the phone (or for lazy teens ha-ha)! :D Thank you! :)

      Delete

Any ideas, feedback or praise? Select 'notify me' so you know when you get a reply from me or someone else.