02 January 2017

2017 Blogging Resolutions

Happy new year! For my first blog post of 2017, I thought I would tell you a few of the changes I hope to make to my blog in this coming year. I'm only making a few small changes, I think you'll still enjoy reading my blog if you've been reading for a while. I'm excited to introduce a few new ideas and see where my blog takes me in this new year! I think that my blog really grew last year as because I tried out a few new topics such as penpalling and colouring that I have become very passionate about recently. I hope that my blog improves even more this year and I continue to try out new ideas.

The first change that I decided to make this year is a change in my schedule. I've decided to aim to post about once every 2 weeks rather than once per week. I've found that I tend to post once every 2 weeks anyway so I thought that I'd announce it as an actual change. It's quite hard for me to fit in blogging with school and I'll be getting more schoolwork in these next two years so I wanted a bit more time to write posts. I don't think you'll notice much of a change anyway since I didn't really stick to the once a week schedule anyway.

I have done one blog collaboration in the past and really enjoyed it so I thought that this year I would take part in a few more collabs. Last year I started to work on a Disney fanart collab with 5starartists.blogspot.co.uk which I'll be able to continue this year now that I have finished the colouring challenge. Also, I hope to start some more blog collabs with my blogging friends that we've been talking about for quite a while. A project that I was working on last year was guest blogging for Cathy Cassidy's blog which I hoep to carry on with this year.
I'm really excited for my next change in this list! In the upcoming months, I'll be introducing some new topics that you've never seen me write about before! For Christmas I asked for a bullet journal and bullet journal so I was given both of these. I've never tried out calligraphy or bullet journalling but I'm really looking forward to trying them out. I want to share my experience with you so you can see what it's like so you might want to take up the hobbies yourself! I think learning new skills is a great new year's resolution so I hope to inspire readers.

I feel that in the previous year I haven't done much fashion designing at all. I feel like this is a big shame since it is something that I'm very passionate about, in fact I have always thought that fashion design is a career that I want to get into in the future. There's still lots for me to learn so that's why I want to get back to this topic on my blog. I think that having a blog motivates me to try creative things so I'm hoping that now I have said that I want to write about fashion design, I actually will DO fashion designing. I created a fashion sketchbook that I want to use.

The final change is one that is the most difficult to achieve. I will try my best to make at least a little progress on this during 2017 but I can't promise anything. The reason that I am unsure about this goal is because I will be getting more schoolwork in the next two years. This means that I will be more busy. However, I setup a YouTube channel last year that I want to upload more videos on. I don't think that I will use a schedule yet but I do want to be a bit more active. I have filmed a few videos but they're not edited yet and are quite old. so fingers crossed that I will have time for YouTube but I may not.

So those are the five changes that I aim to make in 2017! I hope that you're happy with the changes I want to make, I don't think there are any dramatic changes so you don't have to worry that my blog is going to transform into a completely different creature. I'm sticking with creative topics as I always have done and I'm excited to see the blog evolve to fit my newest hobbies as well as my original ones! Happy new year everyone!

Over to you...
What are your new year's resolutions? I have quite a few that I'll be tracking in my bullet journal. Also, are there any blog posts that you'd like to see in the new year that fit with the creative topics that I already write about/plan to write about? Let me know in the comments.

PS: I'll make a new blog background very soon but you'll have to look at the Christmas one for a little while longer ha-ha!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see all the wonderful things you do with your blog in 2017! You're such an inspiration for creativity. :) I'd definitely like to collab! (btw has my letter arrived yet?)
    Rosie x
    rosiemaearoha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm glad that I inspire you! You inspire me too especially with your beautiful photography! Me too! I'll email you soon with some ideas for a collab!/Yes it has and I love it, thank you very much. I'm making yours now, it's nearly done I just need to do the challenge. :) x

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, I'm glad that I inspire you! You inspire me too especially with your beautiful photography! Me too! I'll email you soon with some ideas for a collab!/Yes it has and I love it, thank you very much. I'm making yours now, it's nearly done I just need to do the challenge. :) x

      Delete
  2. Look forward to your 2017 posts! I absolutely love calligraphy so can't wait to read about that. We could collab sometime? Lovely post & happy new year xxx
    bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great-how long have you been doing calligraphy? What tools/equipment to you use? Yes that would be great! I'll email you about collabing very soon, maybe we could do a collab about calligraphy once I've practised it a few rimes? Anyway we can come up with a few ideas and pick the best ones! I'm glad you've enjoyed it and happy new year to you too! :D xxx

      Delete
  3. Lovely New Year's Resolutions. I just came from Cathy Cassudy Dreamcatcher's Blog and I have to say your blog post was very informative. Thanks! I hope you have a brilliant 2017 as well as succeed your ultimate goals for this year.😊

    #sweetreats xx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you've enjoyed this post and the one on dreamcatcher! You have a happy 2017 too! :)

      Delete
  4. Happy (late!) new year Megan!! <3

    It's nice to see how organised you are with your new blogging resolutions! I really like how you're always ready to try out new things too! (Which is something I wish I was better at haha. 8D)
    I'd love to continue working on the Disney Princess collab with you since it's been great fun so far, we've come up with so many unique drawings!
    Ahh bullet journalling and calligraphy both sound like brilliant ideas! I'm super excited to see your new posts on both of those topics! Your handwriting is beautiful so I'm sure you'll be able to come up with so many calligraphy designs! And as for bullet journalling, I haven't done that before so it'll be interesting seeing what you come up with! (How does it work? :D)
    I'm looking forward to seeing your fashion designing posts - you have so much talent in it and I can see you'd pick up a fashion design career so well! <3
    Just wondering, would you be filming speed drawings? (Not that you have to though, I'm just curious! xD)
    These new year's resolutions are fantastic, I'm sure you'll be able to work on them all brilliantly! (I wonder what your blog will look like at the end of the year? C:)

    As for my new year's resolutions, I think I need to get on Blogger and post more often and I'm hoping to try out a variety of different things like you are. I'm definitely excited to see your fashion design posts among the others you suggested!
    I love the new blog background btw! The bird design is super cute and goes so well with the pretty circular borders!
    Keep it up Megan and wishing you all the best with your blogging targets! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy late new year to you too kenza! Thank you, although I've not been very organised with them so far but I'm hoping to kickstart my blog properly in Spring! Yes, it would be great to see the finished results of our collab, I'm sorry that it's been so long since I've created disney fanart! Bullet journalling is where you use a plain notebook to plan things and track goals rather than using a pre-made planner. This means that you can get really creative with your layouts or can personalise it in any way you would like.Thank you so much, I'm glad that you're looking forward to the fashion design posts. I'm looking forward to starting that up again-I've really missed it. If you're talking about doing sped up drawings on my YouTube channel, then that's a great idea! However, this goal for doing more on YouTube was more of an optimistic one and I've come to realise that it would be very difficult for me to do YouTube and blogging and school at this moment in time. I think that perhaps when the Summer holidays comes around again, I'll try that again but for now I think I want to focus on my blog. Thank you, I hope that I make progress with the goals too! I agree, it will be exciting to see how it's developed by the end of the year!

      Ooh I'm excited to see you posting more often! Actually, I'm about to comment on one of your new blog posts once I've replied to a few comments. Thank you, I think I'll keep it until March when I'll change to a Spring themed one. I hope to draw a few of the features of that background! I hope that you do well with your blogging goals too! :D

      Delete

Any ideas, feedback or praise? Select 'notify me' so you know when you get a reply from me or someone else.