05 October 2017

Outgoing Seaside Themed Happy Mail

 Hello everyone! I'm sorry it's been so long since I last posted, infact it was last season! That's why my first post of Autumn is actually Summer themed he-he! Over the summer holidays I created a seaside themed happy mail and I wanted to share it with you today to inspire you with your craft projects and happy mail projects! As you can see, the container was a shoebox hat I decorated with a gorgeous wrapping paper that I actually bought from IKEA.

As you open the box, you can see a pencil case , a shell shaped ring bowl and a glimpse of a few other items. I really enjoyed mixing items that I'd bought and items that I'd crafted. The pencil case and it's contents were from the shop TIGER that I love to shop in to find quirky stationery items (they also sell other random bits and bobs like snacks and toys). The ring bowl was also bought (not made)but I'm not quite sure where from (I think it was from Home Bargains though). I was hoping to decorate it with a marble effect with acrylic paints on the inside and I wanted to make a seashell ring to go inside it, but unfortunately I ran out of time.


Above, you can see all of the contents of the happy mail:

-A pencil case that contains:
-a set of 3 washi tapes (TIGER)
-a large seasehell rubber (TIGER)
-a seahorse pen (TIGER)
-a fish shaped rubber (from an M&S sale a while back)
-a handmade jellyfish keyring (that I made with felt, black buttons, thread, stuffing and beads)

-A paper pouch containing:
-stickers (some glittery mermaids and some photographic sea creatures)
-washi tape samples
-fish shaped paperclips
-a postcard
-some papers
-some sticky notes

-A seashell ringbowl

-A fortune telling fish

-A Handmade Scrapbook (here's what I used:
-A5 pieces of white paper
-a stapler
-washi tapes from my own collection
-seaside papers from a 'Lollipop Box' subscription box (check out the website here)
-embellishments from 'Lollipop Box'
-stamps from 'Lollipop Box'
-paperclip from 'Lollipop Box'
-my own alphabet stamps

I hope you've enjoyed seeing my seaside themed happy mail. Sorry that this post was mainly lists but it's been a while since I last posted and I just wanted to write a quick post to inspire your crafts! I hope to start posting regularly again soon but this month is a very busy one for me with revision, homework, Inktober (see a post on this topic here), trying to make my own Halloween costume (I hope to make a post on this), a few craft projects, etc. So for now, have a happy October! I'll be back with Autumnal posts!

Over to you...
Did you have a good Summer? Tell me about it in the comments! Or have you been creating happy mail recently/will be soon? I'm planning on making Autumnal happy mail soon which I'll be sharing. Let me know about your happy mail. 




2 comments:

  1. Can you post more often Megan? I really love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this seaside-themed happy mail is fantastic!! (Sorry I'm commenting so late - you posted this the season after you made it and now I'm commenting the season after you posted it. xD) The actual box you covered with seashell wrapping paper is so pretty and gives me seaside vibes right from the start! It's another very interesting method of presenting the contents as well. I haven't been to IKEA for a really long time (years, in fact)... do they sell cool crafts too? (If so, I'm willing to go back wherever there's a store! xD) I can imagine it must have been an exciting surprise for your recipient to open the box like the way you've presented it in the picture! :D As for the shop TIGER that you mentioned, you don't mean Flying Tiger Copenhagen by any chance? xD The goodies all look so brilliant together while they all fit the seaside theme nicely in one way or another, and I love the combinations of blue and beige. I'm also really fascinated by the handmade jellyfish key ring you made - it looks super cute!! It reminds me of the kawaii pumpkin bookmark you crafted for me which I still really like! I'd love to see you make a crafting tutorial showing the process behind making them. ^^ It's also amazing how you manage to find so many cute goodies related to one theme - I wish I was as good as you are at that. xD (Maybe it's because I don't spend quite as long as I'd like to in craft shops haha...) Overall this is super inspiring and I'm looking forward to seeing you post about the autumnal happy mail! (Is it the Halloween/Day of the Dead one you made?) Ahh I assumed you'd been busy and couldn't do the Inktober challenge this year but that's great, I can't wait to see what you came up with!! I'm pretty late now, too, but your Valentine's themed layout and format is super lovely and sweet with those cute combinations of pink and the background. <3

    ReplyDelete

Any ideas, feedback or praise? Select 'notify me' so you know when you get a reply from me or someone else.