15 March 2015

A sip of Sour!

Yesterday evening I decided to mix up lots of different drinks to make my own (obviously non-alcoholic) cocktail. It's a really sour recipe so if you decide to make one for yourself, make sure you love sour things (like me)! This isn't a very technical recipe, I haven't included proper measurements for you to use but I just made it up as I went along. Start by cutting the corner off of a blackcurrant sun shot pouch (from Aldi) and pouring it into your glass. Make sure you keep the straw for later. After that put a splash of cranberry cordial in the drink and also a splash of lime juice (lime juice can be very sour so don't add too much-it will overpower the other flavors). After adding all the flavors, it's time to add the water (to further dilute the cordial-the juice should do most of this for you though). It needs to nearly fill the cup to the brim-but not quite (leave about a centimeter and a half at the top). After this add a splash or two of fizzy water (to add a bit of fizz and create a bitterness). Now you can either mix your drink with a spoon or just swirl it in your hand a bit. It tastes absolutely delicious and is a really unique drink for you to try out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any ideas, feedback or praise? Select 'notify me' so you know when you get a reply from me or someone else.