16 March 2015

My Art

I'm not sure whether you readers already knew, or just guessed-that I loved art, anyway, I do! I'm here today to tell you a bit more about my creative hobby.
   
I suppose I've always loved art, even from an early age, it's so fun doodling random things but just as satisfactory finishing an amazing art piece after hours of hard work. That's probably why I love art, you get something from it no matter how much effort or time you put into it, you can still create something. It's such a diverse creative process.

I mainly draw with normal pencils, create detailed drawings with fine-liners or use watercolors for my pictures and sketches. I prefer these because they are very easy to use and/or are very variable. For example if you made a mistake using pencil, you could rub it out an draw it out again. Another example is if I didn't apply enough paint to my color to water ratio and my line came out too light, I could add more layers. If I were to be using acrylic paint, there wouldn't be much I could do, you can't get much of a gradient with acrylics like you may be able to with watercolor paints (or another drawing material such as pencil). I do think the overall effect of acrylic paints, however, is great when used professionally by an artist, the thickness of the paint brings added texture and a 3-D form of some kind to the canvas that it has been worked on. I still believe though, that acrylic paint is very hard to work with if your an amateur who hasn't studied the form. Additionally,  I use my drawing tablet on my laptop instead of other drawing materials that have to be renewed. The finished work is easily accessible once you have saved it, you can print it off, share it online and view it whenever you would wish to. It is also great because you can always press the undo button. You don't even have to cover up your mistakes or use a rubber (that still leaves indents in the paper), the mistakes that you have made or the unsatisfactory technique you have used, is gone in a click of a button. And quite as easily, you can bring them back with the re-do button. it's great.

You can see at the top of this post, an example of my art created by a drawing tablet. This one isn't particularly detailed so I didn't need the aid of the undo and re-do buttons this time round, but I think the overall effect is quite good. I made this piece very quickly (10 mins tops) yet it is quite decorative. The amount of tools and brushes you can choose on a drawing software is immense so you can create much more of a varied range of artworks that you couldn't possibly create as an amateur with normal drawing materials and tools. The best thing is, is that most drawing software is  free to download on your laptop (or are already downloaded) so it will be much cheaper to test out new styles of art than if you were to use your own supplies. You can dabble with different materials that you perhaps wouldn't consider buying in real life. I'm not suggesting that online drawing is the be-all-and-end-all but you should consider using alongside other techniques to get you prepared for using up paper. I hope you enjoyed this little insight into art. Bye guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any ideas, feedback or praise? Select 'notify me' so you know when you get a reply from me or someone else.