19 March 2015

TopModel Fashion Poser Entries


My dream job is to be a fashion designer so in the meantime, I keep practicing and practicing over and over again different design ideas. My favorite company of clothes deigning books is called TopModel and a few years ago they started a magazine with the same name. Each month there is a fashion poser competition where they give you a brief on what to design and then you must draw your own outfit on the model template. I enter almost every month and recently I took some photos to show you.
   The picture on the left is my entry to the circus fashion poser. The story behind the competition that month was that the model was doing a shoot with an elephant. Animals were only allowed in the circus many years ago so, inspired, I decided to go for a whole vintage themed outfit. To give me some ideas I searched up vintage circus outfits and used some of the images features to create my own unique design. I saw lots of top hats on the ring leaders, but as the page stopped just above the models head, I figured I could only fit on a mini accessory hat. I used tiger stripes for the t-shirt and added a giant flower posy brooch (lots of the images had this). The skirt is a very
detailed piece, I used my black fine liners to draw a dream-catcher (I came up with that idea), a large bow-reoccurs on most pictures, stars and some curved stripes. I then drew frilled long sleeved gloves because there were tons of frills on the inspiration pics. I thought it would look very circus-y if I drew net mesh tights on her legs because lots of staged productions use these type of tights so I thought circus' would too. The jewelry I drew was a vintage headpiece with gems all around it, a choker with frill string along the bottom of it, feather earrings (there were lots of feathers) and 2 star shaped eye stickers. To top off the look I added a striped hula-hoop in her hand, some black patent leather high heels, the elephant little outfit with a father boa on the head and some glitter paint on the top and tights.

    The picture on  the right is of my entry to a sleepover outfit fashion poser. I chose pastel shades for this outfit because they are more subtle and relaxing colours to use for pyjmas. This is an overall cosy look that would be great in the spring range of a clothes shop. I thought I would leave the makeup quite natural because at sleepovers you're just with your friends and you don't need to get all made up for them. However, I used natural coloured eye-shadow and pale pink lip-gloss for the lips. On the the top of the ensemble I created a peach coloured tee with a cream peter pan collar. I put nerd glasses (which are quite fashionable at the moment) over sleeping eyes with eye-shadow on. There is a frilled trim at the bottom also in a cream colour. Just below, she is modelling soft high-waisted shorts in a dusky pink colour with small cream polka dots on it. She is pairing it with some beige bed socks in a cute bear design along with little suckers on the bottom. The outfit is topped off with a cute friendship bracelet in various hues of pink and purple.

   I hope you liked the little taster of my TopModel deigns. I don't just do deigns in the magazines, I mainly draw them in the drawing books (from several companies including TopModel) however, the designs that I enter into competitions are often the best because I use a range of media to create them and I also have a brief to fulfill so I have more ideas and inspiration before I start designing. If you would like to see more fashion designing posts, please leave a nice comment on this post. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any ideas, feedback or praise? Select 'notify me' so you know when you get a reply from me or someone else.