22 February 2015

How to create a Good Mood Board

Mood boards are really helpful sources of inspiration for any sort of creative project such as making a cushion cover or designing fashion. However, you need to remember some of these helpful tips I have come up with to ensure that your mood board prepares you well for the project you will be making. You won't have to come up with any more inspiration sources for your designs if you do this well. Here's a list of the elements that you need to include in your mood board:
.Images (you always need these on a mood board but it isn't enough you also need the other elements to back up your inspiration ideas)
.Fabric samples
.Ribbon cuttings
.Interesting Buttons
.3D elements (I have included bindis and beads)
.colour schemes
All of the elements have to be relevant to the theme you are aiming for in your designs. I am creating a mood board for school as inspiration for an Indian themed cushion cover so as you can see I have researched things with that theme and have used other elements that remind me of the culture. You can take a look at my mood board below for ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any ideas, feedback or praise? Select 'notify me' so you know when you get a reply from me or someone else.