22 February 2015

Loom Band Charm ATTEMPT

Loom bands have been a great hit in the UK for the past year or so-this crafty trend has now kind of drifted away and although I made plenty of loom band bracelets I never had the chance to made a loom band charm while they were in fashion. Now it seems like it was for the best. Yesterday I attempted to make an owl loom band charm. It didn't work out so well. However it was still quite cute so I used as a little gift for my Nanna. There were lots of kind of loose bands on the back of the owl so I made the creative decision to turn it into a magnet. First of all I used double sided sticky tape to attach it onto the charm but when I stuck it onto my whiteboard the adhesive pulled away and only the basic magnet was left on the board. My mum had the idea to sew on 2 pieces of felt slightly bigger than the magnet on each side then sew the whole thing onto the charm. It now works very well. You can look up many different tutorials for the loom band charms and maybe even try and create your own design to make using a loom. Look below to see my owl loom band magnet.