20 February 2015

Strawberry Handmade Outfit

This is one of the posts in the series of my crafty half term! I hope you are getting inspired by these blogposts so that you can get creative yourself . I have been creating lots of handmade items but this particular time, I decided to make an outfit. I started by using permanent marker pens to draw a design onto a plain white t-shirt-I decided on a cartoon strawberry with a face. You can choose any design though  and you can even choose an image off of the internet to base your design on.Have a look at my tshirt.
  I even sewed my own matching purse to go with it! It is shaped and designed like a strawberry too! First of all you need to make a template, draw around it twice on pink or red felt and cut both shapes out. Now pick a side to decorate first. Use yellow thread to create small stitches to be the seeds then use green thread to do a zigzag back-stitch at the top to be the leaves (where the opening will be). Now that you have decorated the front you can write berry sweet with biro on the back piece of felt then sew over the markings. Once you have decorated both sides of felt you can then blanket stitch most of the way around (excluding the top of the purse). Attach a button to the front and a folded ribbon to the back to become a loop. Now you're finished! Have a little look!

             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any ideas, feedback or praise? Select 'notify me' so you know when you get a reply from me or someone else.