20 February 2015

PuppyCat Magnet

You may have seen my last blogpost explaining my extensive crafting this half term so you can be expecting several posts showing you how to make your own projects like I have made! This first blogpost will tell you how to sew a magnet shaped as a character from an internet cartoon. The character I have chosen is called puppycat from the show on cartoon hangover called Bee and Puppycat! You should watch it-it's made by the same people who made Adventure time (I haven't watched that but my sister has- I found Bee and puppycat by watching a trend report).
I started to make this by drawing out a cat head shaped template on paper and cutting it out. I then drew around it twice on white felt and cut the two shapes out with fabric scissors. Then draw out the outline of the facial features then thread your needle with black thread and fill it in with backstitch until there are no white gaps. Cut 2 ovals out of  brown felt by using a freehand method and attach them above the eyes with a single running stitch. Now cut out 2 brown pieces and 2 pink pieces (that are smaller) for the ears. Backstitch one side of each pink piece while it is attached to the brown pieces next to the ear sections. Now that the face is finished being decorated you need  to put the magnet insert inside. Stick a square of double sided sticky tape on each side of the magnet and place it in the middle of each piece of felt. Now press them together to secure the magnet inside. Now you can blanket stitch it all the way round. You are done! Well done! Why don't you put it on your magnetic fridge or whiteboard? Stay tuned to find out more about my crafty half term!                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any ideas, feedback or praise? Select 'notify me' so you know when you get a reply from me or someone else.